George Washington Lodge No. 6 is one of the most ancient lodges working under the jurisdiction of the York Grand Lodge of Mexico F.&A.M. just behind Toltec Lodge No. 1 and Anahuac Lodge No. 3.
The Lodge was founded in 1882 in the Capital City of San Luis Potosi by brothers who came from the United States of America and some others coming from Canada; during thirty years, the Lodge worked under the jurisdiction of the so-called Grand Lodge Valle de Mexico under the name of George Washington Lodge No. 195. In 1912, after the administrative separation, when the lodge received a new patent, on which was assigned its current number now under the jurisdiction of the Most Worshipful York Grand Lodge of Mexico F.&A.M.
During the second half of the twenty century, the masonic activity was stopped, being reactivated until October 24th, 2015.
George Washington Lodge No. 6 meets the second Saturdays of each month in the hall of the Gran Logia del Estado Soberana e Independiente El Potosí.
The values of the Lodge are family and the brethren.
The Lodge's dress code is mainly formal clothes in ceremonies and official visitations; in other sessions, the members wear a blue or white polo shirt with our Lodge emblem.