George Washington Lodge No. 6
Meet: 2nd Saturday each month.
History of George Washington Lodge No. 6
George Washington Lodge No. 6 is one of the most ancient Lodges working under the jurisdiction of the Most Worshipful York Grand Lodge of Mexico F. & A.M. just behind Toltec Lodge No. 1 as well as Anahuac Lodge No. 3.
The Lodge was founded in 1882 in the Capital City of San Luis Potosi by brothers who came from the United States of America and some others coming from Canada, during thirty years the Lodge worked under the jurisdiction of the Gran Logia Valle de Mexico with the name of George Washington Lodge No. 195, it was in 1912 when received from the Most Worshipful York Grand Lodge of Mexico F. & A.M. a new patent, on which was assigned its current number.
During the second half of the twenty century, the masonic activities got stopped, being reactivated on October 24th of 2015.
George Washington Lodge No. 6 meets the second Saturdays of each month in the hall of the Gran Logia del Estado Soberana e Independiente El Potosí.
The values of the Lodge are family and the brethren.
The dress code of the Lodge is mainly formal clothes in ceremonies and official visitations, others sessions the members wear a blue or white polo shirt with the emblem of our Lodge.